I am Mahbubur Rahman
I have completed my B.Sc Engg. from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Chittagong University. I enjoy doing research and development which are relevant to Deep Learning, Data Engineering, Web Development, and Cyber Security. Currently, I am performing my responsibility as a remote data engineer at Ruhr Agency.
It’s my self-motivation and self-interest to play with deep learning, web programming, and cloud server management. I have 6 years of hands-on experience and knowledge in IoT, Web Back-end Management, Web Frameworks, embedded Engineering, and AI model training and deploying. This diversity drives me to open a blog to discuss and share my views and experiences.
- Ariful Islam, Kohinur Akter, Noor Jahan Nipu, Amlan Das, Md. Mahbubur Rahman, Mohimanur Rahman, “IoT Based Power Efficient Agro Field Monitoring and Irrigation Control System: An Empirical Implementation in Precision Agriculture” ,2018 International Conference on Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICISET), Chittagong, Bangladesh, 2018, pp. 372-377, doi: 10.1109/ICISET.2018.8745605.
- Md. Abdul Kaium Khan, Towqir Ahmed Shaem, Mahbubur Rahman, Abdullah Zowad Khan, Mohammad Shah Alamgir, “A Portable and Less Time Consuming Wireless Biometric Attendance System for Academic Purpose Using NodeMCU Microcontroller“, 2018 21st International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2018, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCITECHN.2018.8631954.
- 2015-2018 – B.Sc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, University of Chittagong
- 2012-2014 – Higher Secondary School Certificate, Govt. City College
- Data Engineer(R&D), Ruhrdot GmbH, Germany (2021-Present)
The Ruhrdot GmbH is an agency for ERP systems, e-commerce, and web applications in Ruhr area, Duisburg, Germany. Ruhrdot GmbH is the official development and onboarding premium partner of Xentral ERP which received a $50M fund from Silicon Vally investor Sequoia in 2021. I am a senior python developer and a data engineer in Ruhrdot GmbH. My responsibility includes SDK development, data analysis, data model design and training new recruits.
- Server Administrator and Web Developer(R&D),
Bipolar AI, USA (2019-2020)
Bipolar AI is an American startup that is working to predict the bipolar disorder cycle and to provide treatment to stabilize it with help of AI. I am assigned to data mining, Wearabletracker API integration, data pre-processing, Debian Based Ubuntu VPS Administration, Troubleshooting, Networking, and Security assuring
- Freelance Developer, Level 1, Fiverr International Ltd (2018-Present)
I have successfully completed 66 projects with outstanding 5-star reviews from buyers from different regions of the world in the last 3 years.
- Part-Time Server Administrator(R&D), Rumy Technologies Ltd(2017-2019)
I was assigned to conduct research for developing new products, troubleshooting server errors, security monitoring of server, API development for new IoT product, and webpage design and development
- Web Developer (Python web2py), Admission Assistant Ltd(2018)
I was one of the founding members and performed my responsibilities as backend-development, Data and API management, and Ubuntu Server Troubleshooting.
Skills & Expertise
- Programming Language – C, Python, Java, R, MATLAB, PHP, SQL
- Machine Learning – Classical Machine Learning, NN, CNN, DNN, Sequence Modeling
- Machine Learning Libraries – ScikitLearn, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, H2O
- Image Processing – Thresholding, Canny Edge Detection, Contours, Image Segmentation
- Image And Data Processing Tools – OpenCV, Pillow, Numpy, Pandas, RAPIDS
- Simulation Software – Cisco Packet Tracer, PSpice, Microwind DSCH
- Plotting Tools – MatPlotlib, Seaborn, Plotly
- Databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite.
- Web Frameworks – WordPress, Django, Flask, Web2py, Py4web, React
- Server Administration – Linux, Nginx, Firewall, Networking, Setup & Troubleshooting, Security
- Embedded System Engineering – RPI 4, ESP8266, ESP32, Arduino Micro-Controllers, PIC microcontrollers
- Application Development – Android Java, Python GUI
- IDE I Worked On – Code Blocks, MikroC for PIC, Android Studio, Eclipse, Python Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, Spider, RStudio, Pycharm, PHP Storm, WebStorm, Atom, VSCode, Sublime Text 3, Adobe XD
Awards & Certifications
- Contributed to COVID-19 Emergency Response App, Bangladesh ICT Division
As a part of the emergency response to COVID-19, I along with my team from the Department of EEE, CU developed Corona Info self-reporting android app which had been approved by the Bangladesh ICT Division and was enlisted as a reliable Application in Govt. Conora Info support. [TV News]
- Appreciation Award by IEEE Student Branch, Chittagong University, for successfully serving IEEE SB CU as a Chief Technical Officer in 2019. [Farewell Program]
- Champion in Engineering Day 2019, University of Chittagong
My team achieved 1st position in the “Poster Presentation” segment. [Event]
- Runner Up in APECE Project Competition 2017, University of Chittagong
I achieved 2nd position from the 5th Semester in the “Project Presentation” segment during APECE Day 2017, University of Chittagong. [Event]
- Certification of Deep Learning Specialization, 2020
Successfully completed 5 courses of Deep Learning Specialization by Prof Andrew Ng, deeplearning.ai, Coursera.[Cerification]
- Certification of Industrial Trainee, 2018, Ghorashal Training Center, Bangladesh Power Development Board
- Certificate of Participation in NASA Space App Challenge,2017, IUB, Dhaka
My team “Revolutionary Galaxy” was selected as the top 30 from Chittagong Division. We have participated in the national final round at IUB, Dhaka.
- Certificate of participation in Mecceleration, 2017, IUT, Dhaka
I participated in the Line Follower Robot (LFR) and Project Showcasing competition held by the Islamic University of Technology(IUT) on 6th October 2017.
- Certificate of participation in Robolution, 2017, MIST, Dhaka
I participated in the Line Follower Robot (LFR) Competition hosted by Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) on 4th March, 2017
- Certificate of participation in Stellar Hackathon 2017, Stellar, Chittagong
My team participated in “Stellar Hackathon” with our IoT project “Remote controlled a Linux robot with live video streaming on LAN”. The Hackathon was hosted by IOT Company Stellar on 18th February 2017.
- Certificate of participation in Techtronics 2016, USTC, Chittagong
I participated in the Inter-University Programming Contest hosted by the University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC) on 25th April 2016.
- Technical Officer at IEEE Student Branch, CU
I served the IEEE Student Branch, Chittagong University as the Technical Officer of the year 2019-2020. During my tenure, I have maintained the website design and development, contents management for seminars, IEEE VTools events updating, SEO and provided technical setups in events
- Senior Member and Instructor at CURI
I served the Chittagong University Robotics and Innovation Club as an instructor of the year 2018-2019. During this time, I conducted technical workshops on web development, IoT data communication, and freelancing. I also served as the web developer for CURI blog.
- Native Language – Bangla (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- IELTS – 6.5 (Listening 7, Reading 6.5, Writing 6, Speaking 6)